Wednesday, May 5, 2010

last night i had a dream,

A dream that scared me so much I couldn't manage to even explain what happned to me when my mom found me screaming your name with tears on my face curled up on the edge of my bed. I woke up from my boring teenage dream to you whispering my name in my ear. I could feel the warm breath from your lips pouring into my ear. I opened my eyes. You were there.
You were sitting on the edge of my bed and we just sat there for a few minutes. I wasn't sure what to say. I couldn't believe you were there.
Finally you said something. You said that I was just as beautiful as you always remembered, and that you wish that things could be how they used to be. I told you that I felt the same and i reached out for you.
You told me not to. When I asked why you just told me that I would regret that but you know me, being as stubborn as usual I still reached out to hold you. That's all I wanted. When I did you disapeared.
My hand was so close to grabbing yours, oh so close. You slipped right through my fingers, much like what happened a few nights before. I couldn't help but to fall apart. I broke out crying and screaming your name so that you would come back. But you didn't. You couldn't.
My hands were shaking as I pulled myself into a ball in the corner of my bed where I saw you just a few seconds ago. I was clutching onto the blankets, trying to bring you back or bring myself to wherever you had gone to. I feel like a crazy lady saying all of this, and saying that I honestly think that if I had just stayed in one place maybe you would have actually been there in my room last night.
I don't care what I seem like anymore, I really don't. Because I miss you and nothing can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment